Saturday, June 19, 2010

decisions....

One of the (many) things that has cropped up since making the decision to include a blog as part of my research project has been - just when to post what....... I seem to be unsure about the act of simple posting - (the sort of thing that I do at my main blog - the sort of thing that drives blogs really - where posts work almost like a journal or conversation amongst friends..... with just a little editing..... )




in a remnant puddle of the disappearing waterway
I opened an encyclopaedia science year book to an entry on photosynthesis....
and then set the pages on fire.....



Here, I have felt a compulsion or the perceived necessity to include a commentary or background.... and as such I have avoided posting things until I have the time or inclination to do just that - to add all the extraneous bits..... but this seem sadly not in keeping with either the spirit of a blog - or indeed the manner that visual art production occurs.....

What's more I've been holding over some works completed whilst profiling other things - so that whilst this may help to show how a thread of my working/research is progressing - the work in my posts appears non-sequentially..... (arguably, however, this is just what happens when curating an exhibition..... the order that work is completed may be of little or indeed no consequence to the overall ordering of work in a space..... but here in blog-land I'm wondering if working with the time-stamping might not be useful...)


So I'm going to try something else.... I'm going to see what happens when I post in a more random, rambling manner..... oh it might all become a dreadful scatty mess! and I'm sure that it will not approach the 'rigour' required of academic reporting... but perhaps it may do something else.... it may yield something closer to the actual unfolding of art-making/research/writing and conversational blogging.... and through this process the blog may be a tool or method as well as a product or form...


and anyway - I'm posting all my highly researched and edited formal written pieces in here..... they can always be a touch stone for the more rigorous aspects of written work.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.