Friday, July 23, 2010

aside....

I completed another circular coptic bound booklet - this time created from pages of an old atlas (maps and the index) this book is intended for the exhibition 'atlas' at artisan books in melbourne (hence the decision to create the piece from the old atlas....)




Orbis Floris - world flower



When I created this piece I was conscious that this was destined for a place other than my MFA final works...... but I am so happy with how this turned out that I am considering making yet more of this form (in exactly this way - I've finally perfected the technique of making these - and the results are really satisfying)

I can now imagine a whole pile of these - some with larger some with smaller circles; some with less some with more 'petal' pages; some with greater, some lesser diameters...... and I can see how these 'flower' forms might occupy a space together.....hmmmmm

and mostly I can really see them made out of atlases or maps - the colours and features are especially nice on the maps!



(I have a very different post on this piece at art and etc. )



..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.