Tuesday, August 24, 2010

never work with children or animals....

Whilst working in the creek last week I had a visitor....


Swamp Wallabies are a common sight down by my creek - Sams Creek acts as a valuable wildlife corridor, linking the Kooraban and Gulaga National Parks (and more!) to the Batemans Marine Park - and isolated populations of all creatures are able to mix and move with relative ease and safety. Generally Sams Creek is a reliable water source (not so during the worst drought recorded - 18 months ago my creek ran dry for the first time in European settlement - good rains in February this year meant my creek has returned - albeit in with a very different look - one I'm still learning)

but I digress

whilst I was moving to and from the house up the hill one swamp wallaby made its presence known...


and I thought its appearance and gift to me deserved a return gift...



In the spirit of my previous wombat interactions, I decided to gift the swamp wallaby an encyclopaedia opened to the entry on kangaroo (sub-section wallaby)

I think of this as a reverse of my wombat work (that time I was acting as the initiator of the interaction) in this case the wallaby 'spoke' first..... and quite definitively too I must say....


(sigh..... all the world's a critic...)


....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.