I have completed my stint as artist-in-residence at the Byron Bay Writers Festival....
and an interesting time it was too...
and an interesting time it was too...
I set up a project specific blog here
where I experimented with mobile blogging as an active part of my residency.
I've also ruminated on the experience at my usual bloggy home.
I've also ruminated on the experience at my usual bloggy home.
During my brief residency I completed 3 main off-site ephemeral installations
(books books and more books)
(books books and more books)
I worked onsite from Thursday August 4 -
when I set up a collaborative sculptural piece using the slave labour
of Northern Rivers high school students to make
thousands of origami book hearts to complete a version of a book tower work
when I set up a collaborative sculptural piece using the slave labour
of Northern Rivers high school students to make
thousands of origami book hearts to complete a version of a book tower work
On the main festival days (Friday 5 - Sunday 7 August)
I completed more ephemeral book installations onsite
I completed more ephemeral book installations onsite
and also spent the days binding my latest very loooooong book -
which certainly got the public's attention -
allowing some lovely conversations to develop.
which certainly got the public's attention -
allowing some lovely conversations to develop.
I was really pleased with the work I was able to produce in the very short stint
and I'm keen to complete some of the pieces -
turning work into a small zine (or two)
a small photographic series
and perhaps a blurb book
turning work into a small zine (or two)
a small photographic series
and perhaps a blurb book
we'll see
I will continue to work on my loooooong book
(it's a loooong way from completion)
but I also have a monster load of other arty commitments
over the next short while!
over the next short while!
....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.