Thursday, June 30, 2011

meetings....

 The last few days have been all meetings meetings meetings... 

Yesterday I was at Bermagui...

 


Arts Network meeting - special guests included Elizabeth Rogers (CEO Regional Arts NSW), Libby Christie (Australia Council Executive Director Arts Funding), Lindy Hume (Sydney Festival Director, chair South East Arts).....



 Bermagui ('bermy') is one town over from my hometown... a small fishing port (and now the fishing industry has all but collapsed.... so it's a town in transition...)


(looking through the boats and water toward Gulaga and my home at Sams Creek - to the left and at the base of the mother mountain)


As soon as I got home it was phone meeting time - with the director of Byron Bay Writers Festival - trying to work out details of my forthcoming appointment as festival artists in residence...... hmmmmmmmm its going to be 'interesting' - I'm very much having to make my own way with this residency (and as the inaugural AiR I am feeling a bit of the pressure to 'get it right'...... ahhh if only I had more time.... only a few weeks until I have to hit the road and weave a bit of booky magic... yikes)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.