Tuesday, June 14, 2011

winter symposium 2011....

Only a few days until I have to head off on my annual sojourn to university.... I know I shouldn't whine - I only have to take my body off to uni for a couple of days each year - it shouldn't be too onerous eh? welllllll I guess it wouldn't be, if only I liked leaving my creek home!!!!! (which I most definitely DO NOT!!!!)


ahhhh me!



I have been preparing small sections of my latest BIG booky project to keep my fingers busy in between all the presentations.... I think better when my fingers are kept busy....

This week I've been working on my presentation. I like to be VERY prepared.... so I have created a power point AND an i-photo album for i-pad  (this year I'm hoping to plug in either my i-pad or i-phone to the digi projector and take it from there). In order for my talk to seem quite fluid and natural, I don't write a formal speech as such, instead I practice what I want to say over and over again, refining the contents and then I write a few notes to use as prompts... The public speaking part of presenting actually doesn't faze me at all, but that's because I DO prepare so damn thoroughly!

I just wish there was a way for me to prepare for leaving my kidlins behind, or avoid the guilt factor of leaving my partner to shoulder a huge workload in my absence... and how to avoid the shocking homesickness I experience every time I leave my creek home...

I'm never going to be a worldly vagabond traveller...

I'm just a simple creek girl who doesn't like to be away from her creek home.....


....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.